best of skincare

Hello loves,

I’ve been bringing myself to write a blogpost dedicated to skincare essentials for quite some time now, but I really wanted to make sure that I’m 100% happy with the products I use and it’s not an exactly an easy mission :) I’m always looking for something that will feel gentle yet effective on my skin and help prevent any breakouts, and I can safely say that these products do all of the above and more.

Before we hop onto the products, I wanted to make a quick disclaimer - I know that some of the brands I will mention here are a bit more pricey, and I’m sure the cheaper substitutes can be found somewhere out there (let me know if you know any!) but as a skincare junkie, I truly believe that treating your skin to high quality products, giving it the care it deserves and paying attention to its needs so it looks and feels healthy is really worth the extra money sometimes. I'm thinking about it as of an investment that will pay off in the future!



Going back to the point...
I start off by getting rid of any makeup / dirt with the Kiehl’s Cleansing Oil - the formula changes from oily to slightly foamy when it reacts with water, and it removes all the residue from the day without irritating the skin. It also has this very soothing lavender-ish scent (it’s quite strong though!) that makes the product perfect for evening pampering. 
Next step is this Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser that I have picked up only recently, but fell in love with really quick - after these two steps my skin feels nothing but fresh and soft, and this is so important for me since many products can leave it tight and stripped out of any moisture.
After cleansing, I take a cotton ball and apply Aesop B&Tea Balancing Toner all over my face  - it’s alcohol-free and again, gives my skin this nice fresh feel. Oh, and I just really like the subtle herbal scent which doesn't hurt either.
Last two essentials are from a brand that I will recommend for the rest of my life, which is The Ordinary - I love how affordable it is and how it actually works. First I apply the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Serum, followed by their moisturiser (it’s very rich in texture so you only need a small amount!). Another favourite of mine is their serum with zinc which is so gentle but works wonders when fighting any spots - I definitely don't use it everyday, it's more of an "emergency" product! :)


Other bits I’ve been using (and loving!) skincare/haircare-wise the moment:

  • Aesop Lightweight Facial Hydrating Serum (sampled)
  • Green Pharmacy Camomile Shampoo
  • Botanique Soothing Hydrating sheet mask with aloe vera
_____
Okay I haven’t written such a long post in forever, but I enjoyed it so much! Let me know if you used any of the products I mentioned and if you liked them of course and have a lovely rest of the day!

x D.

2 comments

  1. Skincare routine is one of my favourites topics to read about!
    Yours is really beautiful and I can feel that you treat your skin very gently and I’m sure it loves it!
    When it comes to mine, I decided to try the natural products for skincare and now I’m using a soap, a hydrolat and an oil, everything from Ministerstwo Dobrego MydÅ‚a and I’m quite happy about how my skin looks like now!
    And also I totally agree with you — it’s better to spend some money on some products with a good quality than on cheap but not as good ones that can even destroy our skin!
    with love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes you end up spending more money to repair the damage that may be caused by irritating ingredients and that's not the point. I love MDM as well, their products smell amazing and are so so nice.

      Sending virtual hugs!! <3

      Delete